This Code of Ethics is a statement of the standards by which Members of the Foot and Hand Carers Association agree to conduct their business and client care. As members of the FHCA, Foot and Hand Carers accept and take seriously the common values established in the Code of Ethics - breach of which, if proven, will result in the expulsion of the person responsible for said breach.
Ethical Foot and Hand Carers will:
- Strive to maintain the highest standards
of Foot and Hand Care.
- Recognise, uphold and respect the moral
and ethical values of the community.
- Recognise his / her competencies and
limit their practice to those situations that are consistent
with these competencies.
- Maintain and develop professional competence
throughout their career.
- Recognise the responsibility that their
position of authority, trust and influence with the client
might bring, and act accordingly.
- Recognise that the client may be vulnerable
and therefore need compassionate attention.
- Strive to provide the client with sufficient
information in regards to the nature of the care recommended
or required and concerning the proposals or alternatives and
the likely cost thereof, so that the client is enabled to
decide whether or not to continue, and does so with informed
- Recognise the confidentiality of all
information given by, or on behalf of, the client, unless
otherwise required by law.
- Be sensitive in regards to the financial
status of the community when setting fees.
- Be non-discriminatory in the conduct
of business, and accept or reject a client on the merits of
- Not to exploit the client out of emotional,
sexual or financial or any other motivation.
- Recognise that the client, as
an individual, is entitled to change their Carer and to accept
or reject advice.